Give Back to San Francisco Ballet Without Even Leaving Your Home
Announcing a new partnership between SF Ballet and The RealReal
While we wait for the doors to the Opera House to open again and the beauty of San Francisco Ballet to return to the stage, there are ways to give back to our organization – without even leaving your home.
SF Ballet has partnered with The RealReal to help turn items in your closet and home into monetary support for SF Ballet during this challenging time.
Through this new partnership, SF Ballet will receive up to 70% of the commission from sales of your items while also becoming a tax-deductible donation for you.
The RealReal will accept brands on their current designer list that are in very good to pristine condition. Items should be clean and not have any visible damage, extreme wear, or major alterations. Additionally, they will accept watches, jewelry, shoes, accessories, art, and home goods.
As everyone is spending so much time at home, what better time to clean out your closet and support SF Ballet?
To make this experience as seamless as possible, you can make a virtual appointment with the Lead Luxury Manager for The RealReal’s White Glove Team, Julianne Castro. Julianne has been with the company for four years and is an expert in all things luxury.. As a classically trained dancer herself who grew up in the Bay Area, SF Ballet has always been close to her heart.
How it works:
- Email Julianne Castro at email@example.com to schedule a virtual appointment. Julianne will review your items via FaceTime and help determine which of your items are a good fit for their platform and which will fetch the highest prices through consignment.
- Be sure to specify that the proceeds from your sale are to benefit SF Ballet. This will ensure commissions are given directly to SF Ballet and that you are given the proper tax credit after your items are sold.
- Make sure your items have been dry cleaned and are ready for sale, as no items will be accepted unless they have been cleaned.
- Coordinate a touch-free curbside pickup of the items (if you are located in the Bay Area) or use pre-paid packaging from The RealReal for your items. Items will be brought to The RealReal warehouse for final evaluation and preparation for sale on the website.
- If an item is deemed not acceptable for sale, it will be returned to you.
- After items have sold on the website, you will receive a receipt from SF Ballet for your records that details the tax-deductible information for your donation. Receipts will be sent monthly.
If you have any questions, please contact Meg Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-865-6625.