Learn. Dance. Grow.
The joy of ballet begins with Pre-Ballet classes at San Francisco Ballet School. We introduce young children to the fundamentals of classical ballet, focusing on proper body alignment, basic ballet technique and terminology, and musicality. As part of the SF Ballet School family, your energetic young child will learn much more than ballet. Exposure to dance reinforces important life skills like creativity, discipline, and team participation—all in a safe, fun, and nurturing environment.
Students must register for the class based on their age as of September 1, 2020.
2020–21 SCHOOL YEAR SCHEDULE
The class schedule will be available this summer. Please check back for updates regarding when registration will open. If you wish to be put on an email list to receive updates, please email email@example.com.
Please have the following documents ready to upload when you register (JPG or PNG files accepted):
- Student Photo – Appropriate photos include a school picture or other photo which clearly shows their face.
- Proof of Age – Birth Certificate or Passport
Classes are once a week from September through May.
$250 Registration Fee
Ages 4–5: $1,470
Ages 6–7: $1,840
PAYMENT TIMELINE (School Year)
(Registration Fees and Tuition are non-refundable and non-transferable)
There are no financial aid or scholarship funds available for Pre-Ballet classes.
- A non-refundable $250 registration fee will be assessed when the application is submitted.
- Within 10 days, you will receive a confirmation that your student has a spot in your selected class, and we will send you the enrollment packet.
- When you complete the enrollment packet, you will set up one of two payment plans:
- Pre-Ballet (Ages 4–7): Full Pay – Full tuition will be due 10 days after our staff finalizes your plan
- Pre-Ballet (Ages 4–7): 2-Payment – Half of the tuition will be due 10 days after our staff finalizes your plan, and the other half is due on August 15. Please note that if you register after August 1, this option will no longer be available.
Enrollment is Limited
Class size is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. We recommend registering as early as possible, as classes do fill up. Class capacity is 15 students for ages 4 and 5 classes and 20 students for ages 6 and 7 classes.
If your preferred class is full, you may request placement on the waitlist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your student’s full name, date of birth, and the class date and time of your preferred class.
FREE TRIAL CLASS
Children ages 4–7 who are new to SF Ballet School's Pre-Ballet classes are invited to participate in a free Pre-Ballet Trial Class in February/March each year. The 2020 classes have concluded, so the next trial classes will be in 2021.
Pre-Ballet classes are taught by SF Ballet School Faculty. Faculty will be announced before classes begin.
Schedule Changes, Cancellations & Student Absences
Our class schedule is subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel class if the minimum enrollment is not met. As a courtesy to the teacher, we ask that parents report absences to the school office. There are no make-up classes and students may not attend alternate classes.
Observation dates will be shared with families at the start of each semester.
Auditions, Higher Level Classes & Performance Opportunities
Because Pre-Ballet is not a part of the graded curriculum at SF Ballet School, we do not require an audition for Pre-Ballet classes. Students who age-out of Pre-Ballet and are seeking admission to our Level 1 class will be required to audition. Students must be 8 years old to audition.
Students in Pre-Ballet do not participate in Nutcracker or Spring Festival performances.
415-865-6700 or email@example.com
"The greatest thing that SF Ballet School has provided the girls is the appreciation for what it takes to excel at dance and the discipline to pursue it while further stoking their love of ballet. I think it can be difficult to maintain the balance between discipline and joy but SF Ballet School and Ms. Kristi really nail it!”