Sasha De Sola
Winter Park, Florida
Kirov Academy of Ballet
SAN FRANCISCO BALLET
Named an apprentice in 2006
Joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in 2007
Promoted to soloist in 2012
Promoted to principal dancer in 2017
Don Quixote (Kitri, Bridesmaids, Kitri’s Friends, Seguidilla, Driad Queen, Driads, and Fandango)
The Fifth Season
Giselle (Myrtha, Solo Wili, and Peasant pas de cinq)
Nutcracker (Party Guests, Queen of the Snow, Snowflakes, Sugar Plum Fairy, Spanish, French, Flowers, and Grand Pas de Deux)
On a Theme of Paganini
Romeo & Juliet
The Sleeping Beauty (Aurora, Nymphs, and Polonaise)
Swan Lake (Act I pas de trois, Aristocrats, Swan Maidens, Czardas, Russian, and Peasants)
Agon (1st pas de trois)
Brahms-Schoenberg Quartet (1st and 4th movement)
Coppélia (Waltz of the Hours soloist, Dawn, Jesterettes, and Swanilda’s Friends)
Divertimento No. 15 (Allegro - Ballerina)
The Four Temperaments
Serenade (Russian Girl)
from Stars and Stripes (finale)
Stravinsky Violin Concerto
Symphony in C (3rd movement demi-soloist)
Symphony in Three Movements
Theme and Variations
Onegin (Olga and Polonaise)
Ibsen’s House (Rebecca West in “Rosmersholm”)
The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude
The Ruins Proclaim the Building Was Beautiful
Études (excerpt) (Principal Woman)
Suite en Blanc (pas de trois)
natalia Makarova after marius Petipa
La Bayadère, Act II (1st and “slow” Solo Shades in “The Kingdom of the Shades”)
Your Flesh Shall Be a Great Poem (originated)
The Little Mermaid (Henriette/The Princess)
Raymonda—Act III (3rd classical solo)
Guide to Strange Places (Quartet)
Le Corsaire (pas de deux)
The Rite of Spring
“… two united in a single soul…”
From Foreign Lands (Russian, Polish, and Hungarian)
Symphony #9 and Chamber Symphony in Shostakovich Trilogy
LET’S BEGIN AT THE END (originated)
Dances at a Gathering (Blue)
Fancy Free (pas de deux principal)
In the Night (1st pas de deux)
West Side Story Suite
Frankenstein (Justine Moritz)
Ghost in the Machine (originated)
Stone and Steel
Bound To (originated)
Cinderella (Stepsister Edwina, Spirit of Winter/Fluidity, and Russian Princess)
Rush (2nd movement pas de deux)
Within the Golden Hour
- Won the silver medal in the Professional Division at the World International Ballet Competition, Orlando, Florida, 2017.
- Received Best Junior Couple Prize at the USA International Ballet Competition, Jackson, Mississippi, 2006.
- Awarded the Junior Division bronze medal at the Varna International Ballet Competition, Varna, Bulgaria, 2006.
- Danced George Balanchine’s Tarantella, Jorma Elo’s Double Stop, and Le Corsaire Pas de Deux at the International Ballet Gala: World Ballet Superstars, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2014.
- Performed Le Corsaire Pas de Deux with Taras Domitro at the World Ballet Competition Gala, Orlando, Florida, 2013.
- Performed George Balanchine’s Apollo and Val Caniparoli’s Ibsen’s House with Tiit Helimets and Company, Estonia, 2011.
What ballet or role would you like to dance but haven't yet and why?
Giselle, Aurora, and/or Jerome Robbins' Afternoon of a Faun. I love the concept of Afternoon of a Faun and I feel like there is so much beauty and truth intertwined in the work that I would love to interpret it. Regarding Giselle and Aurora, I love the classics and how there are so many different ways to explore each character's depth. While we create the future of ballet here, I also like to remember the older works.
What has been your proudest moment as a dancer? Why?
There have been many moments when I have been proud of the Company as a whole. I always find satisfaction when we all come together to create our best performance possible. Something that stands out in my mind is performing Robbins’ Dances at a Gathering.
When I'm not working I enjoy...
Spoiling my dog.